• Reproductive safe motherhood Health Services
1. Providing normal and emergency obstetrical care (antenatal, natal and postnatal services)
2. Providing early neonatal care.
3. Diagnosing and treating minor ailments.
4. Immediate postpartum contraception advice and service
5. Performing pregnancy test.
6. Controlling and managing STIs and providing Post abortion care.
7. In the absence of doctor or to provide assistance to her providing all RH services offered by MSS as per standard procedures and trainings provided and best established practices of the profession.
8. Performing pre & post procedures screening of the client.
1. Counselling attendants and patient to seek the required treatment at time of emergency and in case of referral.
2. Whenever required provide counselling to all male and female clients as per procedure.
3. Providing detailed specific counselling about the chosen method, side effects and post procedure care.
1. Maintaining required contraceptive and medicine record as per procedure.
2. Submitting requisition of required stock to clinic manager on time.
3. Ensuring segregation, identification and at least three months shelf life of all the stock.
4. Maintaining stock of linen to fulfil the clinic requirement.
1. Signing and updating medicines and contraceptive stock registers on each service day.
2. Maintaining record of major/minor incidences
3. Properly fill out all relevant formats on time.
4. Recording all the services provided on daily basis.
Training & Development:
1. Training of other Nurse/LHV /Midwives as assigned by the management.
2. Training LHWs and TBAs on EmOC services and neonatal resuscitation and referral of such a cases to the centre.
3. Suggest measures to clinic manager for the improvement in the quality of services, client flow and to create and healthy environment within the clinic.
4. Acquire training as arranged and recommend by the management.
1. Provide initial treatment of shock as per standard procedure and inform the doctor on duty immediately.
2. Provide obstetrical emergency treatment and neonatal resuscitation to the level of competence according to protocols.
3. Checking supplies and expiry dates of emergency drugs on regular basis.
4. In absence or advice by CM, LHV will be responsible for handling all medical emergencies and accompany client/patient to the nearest hospital until the client/patient is out of danger.
• Any other reasonable duties assigned by the project office and the Head Office to further the smooth running of the clinic.
• Matriculate with LHV Training.
• Ready to work in Shifts
• Nurse Midwife, LHV or Practicing Midwife with a diploma of one year in midwifery from a registered midwifery school. ( Practical experience of midwifery will be preferred)
• Trained in CPR
• Fluent both in written and spoken English is essential.
• 1 – 2 years of experience.